Friday, March 12, 2010

The Declaration of Financial Independence

The Orange Code: How ING Direct Succeeded by Being a Rebel with a CauseOne of the first steps to climbing out of the hole of debt or straightening out the wayward course of your finances is to wake up one day and decide that enough is enough!  From this day forward you will fight a battle against the old way of doing things that lead you to spend money you do not have. Today you will declare your financial independence!

And the people over at ING Bank have made that possible. They have a blog and a website where savers unite and you can sign the Declaration of Financial Independence. I enjoy banking with ING. They are my favorite online bank and they have offered very competitive savings rates. One of the most handy features they have is the ability to add 'sub-accounts' and nickname them. I have my standard FREE checking and HIGH interest rate savings accounts, but I also have five, yes 5, other savings accounts. Some are named, "3-month emergency fund", "Next Car Fund", and my favorite even though it is empty right now, "Vacation Fund."

As the money rolls in from each paycheck it gets automatically divided up into each account. No more tracking what each goal was worth in Excel. Just simple and fun budgeting. If you think you would like to try out an account or two or three over at ING, just email me and I can send you a referral link. Right now, if you sign up on a referral link, you will receive a $25 bonus. And I get a bonus of $10, too. Win, win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails